Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sunshine and Fairy Dust {What I Wore Sunday}







There's something absolutely magical about the way the sun filters through the trees just so at mid-day, just a few hours before sunset, and gives the grass such a marvelous green hue, and a touch of gold to everything it glances off of. I was just playing around with my camera when all of a sudden I saw a glow of light. I snapped the picture and came out with the one above, streaming with rays of light.

Outfit Details
Striped Tee--Old Navy
Blouse--Old Navy
Skirt--Made by me
Belt--Thrifted
Tights--Fred Meyer
Flats--Marshalls





14 comments:

  1. I love it! <3 it is very cute! you made hat skirt?? WOW! it is lovely. :)

    Lizzy
    http://prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It was one of my very first sewing projects. It's just two rectangles of fabric sewn together and cinched at the waist.(:

      Delete
  2. I love that last photo of you! So artistic. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm starting to understand a little more about lighting.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post, You are so good my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is adorable! It looks like something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I wasn't sure if I liked it or not at first (my first attempt at pattern mixing!), but I got so many compliments, and I decided I really love the stripes with the floral.

      Delete
  5. Oh I just love that ruffled striped shirt! You're cute :)

    Your "longest comment ever" made me smile :) Family often can have ideas for our life that are very different from ours. You have a great outlook!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so beautiful-- sunlight and sun-flares are my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete