Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vintage Loveliness {What I Love Wednesday}

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all having an amazing week! I was so worried about getting all my work done since I was over a week behind in my readings (oh, and I just happened to read some stuff I apparently didn't have to), but it was all for nothing, since I've completely caught myself up. Yay! Now I have time to get all those blog posts up that I've been meaning to, haha.



I'm just slightly obsessed with everything vintage-styled right now (evidence for the verdict: my last two posts, exhibits A and B). I've been watching old movies like crazy, and leafing through old movie magazines (for those of you that like these, did you know that the internet archive has a bunch of old Photoplay issues?? Cary Grant, Shirley Temple, all sorts of goodness), listening to 40s style music. Here are some of my favorite things from this week!

1. This movie. It's amazing, and has such a good message. Oh, and I've kind of got a major crush on Gary Cooper right now, which makes me love it even more.



2. This quote. I started watching Mr. Smith Goes to Washington on President's day, and now, since it's George Washington's birthday, it's a good reminder of the blessings of liberty.


{photo and typography by me}

3. Vintage-style makeup, as worn by Elizabeth Taylor



4. This hairstyle. It looks very 20's style to me!



5. And it's not vintage, but I love this dog so much. He makes me smile every time I see him.



What are you loving this Wednesday?


5 comments:

  1. hair style is really nice! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following your blog with GFC
    now follow back me with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com

    Also I am hosting a biggest giveaway ever
    International Giveaway: Win Rimmel London "3 Goodie Bags Worth 400 AED(100US$)"
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-win-rimmel-london-3-goodie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley Temple, oh yes <3

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete