Friday, February 17, 2012

Roses are Red


Hi everyone,

I had so much fun with valentines this year! It's probably because I didn't make any last year (the first year I didn't!), and I wanted to make up for lost time. I made little rings for friends and cousins (tutorial coming soon!) and for my grandmother and godparents, I made little collages. They were so quick and easy to make, and I think they turned out really cute.




For this one, I cut up different red roses, for the other, I did different shades of pink. Then I cut out a little white heart, wrote "love" with my red calligraphy pen, and glued it on. Voila! I had cute cards ready for Valentine's day!




On the back, I wrote one of my favorite Bible verses:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-John 3.16


It got me thinking...If God loves the whole world throughout all time, why can't I follow HIs example and be loving to everyone I meet? If we all did this, and weren't bitter or grudging towards those we know, wouldn't the world be a much better place, not only for ourselves, but for everyone in it? The Bible instructs us to love our neighbor. Who is our neighbor--the person who lives next door? Our neighbor is every one of our fellow men and women.

It's a good lesson for me to keep in mind, especially when I'm angry at someone.

What do you think?

Have a lovely day!


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's hard for me to be nice to everyone I meet too, but other days it's easier. Great thoughts!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete