Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This and That {What I Love Wednesday}


Hi everyone,

Wow. This week has been a little crazy in the way of schoolwork! One thing that I have learned is that economics is not my forte. I completely bombed my test yesterday, even though I had studied so hard! It really depresses me to see a score below 80% (or even 90, for that matter), which may show what a perfectionist I am; I tend to set very high standards for myself, and it frustrates me when I don't meet them. But, it has also been a very good week in many ways. I finished writing a short story for English, and I feel as though it went very well, and is possibly one of the best shorts I have written. I have been redecorating my room, and am very happy with how it's looking (pictures to come soon!). I was able to spend Sunday laughing with a friend, and Monday and Tuesday watching silly videos and gaming with my sister.(:

One of my (many) flaws is that I tend to focus on the negative (glass half-empty type). Every bad thing seems to get blown out of proportion, and I get miserable. And yet there is so much to be thankful for in my life! The whole theme of my short story was based on this and the words
"All things work together for good to them that love God."

So I got a bad grade. It's a learning opportunity! It shows me where I need to work. I am in school to learn, otherwise there's no point to it. I need to turn a bad situation around and use it to my advantage. Turning something bad into something good. And most importantly, I need to rely on God to give me strength, for without Him, I can do nothing.

Today while I was working, the words of a Bing Crosby song came to my mind:

"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium's
Liable to walk upon the scene."


This song was just what I needed today!

*here marks the end of my philosophical ramblings!*



Here are a few things I am loving this week:

1. Bing Crosby, and the wonderful message of this song.



2. This book, which I just started this week and is excellent so far.



3. This perfume by Sarawen, which I have been wearing every day since I got it in the mail last week. It reminds me so much of a garden in the springtime.



4. This amazing DIY.



5. Homemade flour tortillas. My mom made these for lunch today (they're actually frozen, but you have to make them on the stove...so almost homemade!) and they are amazing! There's definitely something special about them.(:



What do you love this week? And what do you do to accentuate the positive?

Have a lovely day!


3 comments:

  1. All the best for your studies!
    I like the post,the food pic is yummmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki! Thanks for commenting on my fashion blog! I love what I see here on your blog and have started following now! I don't do that often. :P

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I really love this post it put me in such a good mood! :)

    much love from beemod..

    beemod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete