Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Day Drawing Challenge -- Days 3-5

Hi everyone,

How was your weekend? I spent mine trying to catch up on my goal of writing 2,000 words a day, getting addicted to the word game WELDER on my iPad, and catching a lovely cold (which really isn't too bad so far, so I should be grateful). Anyway, I feel really bad about not uploading all my drawings! Probably most people think I've given up by now, but I'm still going strong! ^^ My problem is that I try to do a really complex drawing every day, and it ends up taking me FOREVER to finish. So for some of the challenges I try to do simpler ones.

Day Three




Day three's challenge was my favorite food. One of my favorites ever since I was a kid is pancakes, smothered in butter and syrup, and, if I'm lucky, chocolate chips. Mmmm....This is one of my simpler drawings, done in an Artist Trading Card size, which is only a couple inches long. The only thing I don't like is how dark the smoke looks, haha.

Day Four




Day four's challenge was my favorite place. Now, I could have drawn my room, or Disneyland, or all of my other favorite places to visit, buuuuuuut, my absolute favorite place of all is Narnia, and all the other worlds that my favorite authors have created. Book worlds are the best, because they can transport you to these worlds, away from the cares and worries of everyday life (I wrote an essay on this for my GED, actually!). I do need to go back and fix that girl's hair, though -- something's off about it!

And here's a tiny Mr. Tumnus:



Day Five




For day five, I had to draw my best friend. I never liked choosing one friend to call my "best" friend, because of all of my friends are equally wonderful...so I just chose one of my friends that I hadn't drawn yet.(; I really love how it turned out, because for once, I've been able to draw a portrait that actually resembles the person I was attempting to draw -- my family knew immediately who it was. It's also a less stylized portrait than I usually draw, so that may also be why.

Well, that's all for today! I should be back soon with more photos of my other endeavors in drawing!

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I like the miniature Narnia, and your friend looks beautiful. She must be so lovely! As you like ATC's, perhaps you'd like to join the saint ATC swap I'm hosting on my blog. Looking forward to more of your challenge pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Day Five portrait is beautiful!

    - Victoria (http://raindropsandmoonlight.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete