Friday, November 4, 2011

30-Day Drawing Challenge Day 2

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not posting for the past few days...on Wednesday I was sick all day with a nasty migraine/stomach thing that refused to go away. I still did my writing for NaNo, but didn't get very far on my drawing for the day. Then on Thursday I had to get all caught up! But I'm getting back on track, starting with my drawing for day 2 of the 30 day drawing challenge.

The subject is my favorite animal. And I always take forever on these "favorites" -- favorite food, favorite drink, favorite book, favorite song -- with so many that I love, how can I pick just one? This one was slightly easier, though. For many years now, my favorite animal has been the wolf. I think ever since I read David Edding's Belgariad, when I was maybe ten. Then I read "The Sight," by David Clement-Davies, and I loved them even more! They're beautiful, beautiful creatures, and I love their expressive eyes...




This is the first time I ever attempted to draw a wolf (so that accounts for the slightly skewed proportions), and I used this tutorial to help me out. I may try drawing more after this!

Have a lovely day! I should hopefully be back later with my drawing for day three -- my favorite food.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful drawing! Wolf is perfectly cute :)
    take vvvvvvvvvvvvvv good care of urself & beat the sickness with craftiness :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an epic drawing of your favorite animal. I think the colors are wonderful- the green and the orange with the grey wolf against that blue sky! I hope you're feeling better. And it is hard to keep up with NaNo and the drawings!

    ReplyDelete