Friday, November 29, 2013

long beach {part 2: continued explorations}


We did a lot of exploring in Long Beach, and we discovered some pretty exciting things. First, we happened upon Marsh's Free Museum, which is basically a huge, crazy antique store/museum with tons of weird and awesome things. There was so much to see that even with aimlessly wandering in circles throughout it we probably didn't notice everything. It was really cool...and just plain weird, but in a mostly good way. Definitely check it out if you're ever in the area. Unless you have a phobia of taxidermy, in which case you may want to steer clear--there were lots of stuffed animals like that deer head. Usually, I find taxidermy unsettling and creepy...but I really liked this deer. He just looked friendly. :)



We also visited the cranberry bogs! However...it was just after harvest time, so there wasn't too much to see. It was a good walk, though, and there was yummy homemade cranberry ice cream to be had in the gift shop. I don't think I had ever had homemade ice cream before...it was good. 

And speaking of cranberries, I hope all of you in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that God has been so gracious to me this year, and I have countless things to be thankful for daily.


 Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the shells and vintage cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think vintage cameras are gorgeous...I'd love to have a whole collection of them someday. :)

      Delete