Thursday, November 14, 2013

meeting rochester



I'm not sure if I mentioned it already or not (you may have seen it if you follow me on instagram), but I recently bought myself a new camera. It was a pretty scary decision--I spent a long time looking at brands and debating between different models, and I finally settled on this guy. All of my cameras to date have been Olympus, and this little guy was just what I was looking for. Not too high-tech, but a big step up from a point and shoot. I love being able to control more aspects of my camera, and the size is just right--not too big, not too small. And it's just plain cute. I love that classic vibe. So when I found a good deal, I got my mom, the professional photographer's opinion, and she said to go for it. So I took the plunge, and I'm pretty thrilled. I named him Rochester, after a character from one of my favorite books...and we've had quite a number of adventures already. I'm excited to see where we'll go next.

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love that photo, and your camera looks great. I named mine Mr. Branson, after the chauffeur in Downton Abbey. I think Rochester is a very fitting name for a camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Branson is another great camera name! I was stuck for awhile between Cumberbatch, Mr. Thornton, and Rochester, and after watching the newest Jane Eyre film adaptation, I decided on Rochester.(:

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a sweet little camera! I love it!! My camera is named Caprice, because I'm not much of a photographer and I can't figure out all her lovely little buttons and settings, so she gets kind of capricious on me ... ;-)

    Can't wait to see lots of lovely pictures from Rochester - hopefully he's happier and more dependable than his namesake! ;-)

    Hugs!
    ~ Vicki
    (Your Pinterest sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! Haha, there are a lot of buttons and settings to figure out...it makes my head spin a bit! I love the name you chose for your camera!
      Hehe, I hope so too!

      Delete
  3. Awesome-sauce! It does look really classy in white. :D My sister has one of those type of cameras (I can never remember what they're called, but the small tiny body with interchangeable lenses), but her's is Panasonic. Can't wait to see lots of pics from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not sure what they're called...something like micro cameras or something. :P I really love how they're so tiny, but they can still do so much. Thank you!(:

      Delete