Thursday, December 5, 2013

at the symphony


//skirt: made by me / blouse, belt: JCP / cardigan: h&m / tights: fred meyer / necklace: confirmation gift / oxfords: thrifted//

Hello everyone! Happy December! I hope you're all doing well this week. I'm right in the middle of finals at the moment--I just submitted one final essay yesterday, and now I have four essays to go and an exam before I'm finished. My arts class has been pretty crazy--two essays a week, and now a final essay tacked on to that. I'm pretty sure I've never had to write that much for a class in my life! I'm definitely ready for Christmas break.

Anyway, this outfit is what I wore for attending the symphony a few weeks back. I had to see a concert for my arts class, and since I had never been to the symphony, I was actually excited for the opportunity. My friend and I went to the Seattle Symphony's performance of Verdi's Requiem, and we both absolutely loved it. The music was gorgeous and chilling, and the soloists were amazing. I was also excited for the opportunity to have a night out...even if it was for school. It provided the perfect excuse to dress up a little and go out. 

 Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

14 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, and your hair! That skirt is SO pretty. Also, I thrifted some oxfords JUST like yours, and posted an outfit wearing them today! Hah! They're so great for the wintery weather we've been getting, aren't they?
    I hope you survive finals!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristina! Ahh, fun! I can't believe I didn't notice them! They're the perfect winter shoes. :)

      Delete
  2. That purple color of your skirt is so pretty!

    Glad you had a fun night at the symphony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this outfit. I really would love to go to a symphony, concert or opera too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Symphonies and operas are such fun. I hope you get the chance to go to one! :)

      Delete
  5. Very lovely outfit!

    I hope your finales go well. I have my first coming up and they've got me all nervous. Yours sound worse though. That many essays?! You will need a break once it is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack! I hope your finals go well too! Ahhh...I think that teachers use the essays to make up for the time that I would have spent in class if I wasn't an online student. :P But still, adding up the number of short essays just for my one class comes to 16! But at least they were all short, haha.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely skirt, and gosh, your hair is gorgeous! Such pretty photos. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you made this skirt! It's SO pretty! :)

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete