Friday, November 22, 2013

long beach {part 1: the beaches}


My family and I recently took a somewhat impromptu vacation down to the Washington coast to Long  Beach. I had just started my classes up again, but I was able (just barely!) to get the bulk of my work done for that week before we headed down. I wasn't expecting much from our little vacation, but we had a lot of fun...and I took a lot of pictures. I was originally just going to put them all into one looooong post, but I thought it would be a lot more fun to break it up into parts. Sooo, without further ado, here is part one, still photo-heavy, but that's ok, right? (also, I changed the image size again. let me know if you think it's too big, haha)

I miss the beach, you guys. It wasn't necessarily what I was most looking forward to, but I had so much fun exploring dunes, chasing seagulls, and snapping photos. The beaches were also pretty empty--both days we went we had them almost completely to ourselves. It was freezing, and my eyes were constantly watering, not to mention the raccoon carcass we practically tripped over in the sand the first day, but I was happy to while away several hours just wandering the beach with my family. My family is a bunch of weirdos (but we're nice weirdos!), and that's probably part of what makes it so fun.

 Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

18 comments:

  1. Oh my word - so beautiful!! I can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed this post. The photos are lovely. Isn't it wonderful when your family are nice weirdos? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ Nice weirdoes are the best weirdoes.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to the Washington coast, but my family and I go to the Oregon coast every year. Oh, how I love it! There's such a wild, restless quality about it, but somehow it's peaceful too, don't you think? If indeed your family are weirdos, I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oregon coast is so lovely. The beaches, to tell the truth, are much nicer than the Washington beaches...though these beaches were pretty nice.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! This reminds me of exploring the beach here--the Lake Michigan beach--because it's so freezing cold and so windy most of the time! So yeah, there's never much swimming, just exploring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, sounds like fun! It's always pretty freezing on the coast whenever we're there, so there's never much swimming there either! But exploring is always fun. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey I'm from Long Beach! What part are you staying at?

    http://livinandlovin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? How fun! We were staying in Ocean Shores.

      Delete
  5. Wow, how beautiful! :) I love going to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a great time. Chasing seagulls is always fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! These are such great photos- it looks like the trip was quite fun
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE beach photos! I spent a lot of time in Europe growing up and my family and I used to spend summers at beaches in Paris and Portugal :) You look so happy!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that sounds amazing! And thank you!(:

      Delete
  9. I love the pictures, Vicki! It was nice to see a little part of your life, your family, and some beautiful scenery. I live on the Gulf Coast, so the differences in the landscape intrigues me. I'd love to see the Pacific Coast someday. Have a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! If you're ever in the area, I'd love to show you around!(: And one of these days, I'd love to visit the Gulf Coast.

      Delete