Monday, November 18, 2013

little house on the prairie


//dress: marshall's / button-up: thrifted / cardigan: h&m {via 99dresses} / belt: JCP / boots: thrifted//

I threw this outfit together last minute while getting ready to attend a wedding, and the result ended up feeling very much like Laura Ingalls might wear today--that sweet floral print and the lace-up booties combined just have that prairie vibe for me! But I do really like it--I think it's just modern enough to look like I haven't just stepped out of the 1800s. Boho chic? :)

I'm also kind of in love with this dress--I picked it up at Marshall's last week off their summer clearance rack, and I just had to wear it the next day. It may be a summer dress, but that rust color is perfect for fall, and it can be layered pretty easily, and layering is the whole reason I bought it. I've been tempted to wear it every day this past week.  

As far as school goes, I just finished midterms this week!  I'm so excited to have them done with, and I'm happy with my results. At the same time, I can't believe I'm already half-way through my classes! This second half will probably be even crazier than the first, based on the syllabi, but then again, there are only four more weeks to go until break. And I'm excited to learn more. I'm really liking the material--art history/appreciation and church history may be an odd combination of classes, but I'm passionate about both, and I'm thrilled to be expanding my knowledge of them. :) 

Hope you all are having a fantastic start to your week!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22


10 comments:

  1. This is a great outfit! :) I can why you were so excited about the dress. I wouldn't have thought to layer it with button-up shirt...*getting ideas for future outfits*
    Your studies don't seem like an odd combo; both sound quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is super cute! I really like the Laura Ingalls vibe it has; it's the perfect mix of old-fashioned and modern. And the pattern on that dress is so pretty!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I love this look! I'm a sucker for anything old fashioned feeling!
    I would sooo run around in actual 1800's/1700's dresses if people wouldn't stare! (that's a little too weird...LOL!)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This very well might be my favorite of your outfits. It's so cute, and totally has a modern Laura Ingalls vibe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely see the dash of prairie that you're talking about, but I love the layers and how modern this look is as well! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super cute dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so pretty, I LOVE the blouse paired underneath the v-neck dress! Marshalls is the best :)
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of the prettiest outfits! The rust color is so pretty and the way you styled it it really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW....this is such a lovely outfit! I really like how you put it all together.....:) If you have the time, feel free to check out my own fashion blog!

    Ashley B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red looks amazing on you! And I love the print of this dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete