Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mustard + Navy at the Art Museum


Dress: c/o Sugarlips // Purse: Shoedazzle // Wedges: Thrifted

Earlier this month, my family and I took a trip to the Seattle Art Museum. I had been raving about their European Masters exhibit to my mother, and so we went up there on the first Thursday of the month, which is their free day. I think the exhibit might have been even better the second time around--I got to examine all of my favorite paintings more closely, and pay closer attention to some of the ones I had skimmed over on my previous visit. We also moved through the exhibit quickly enough to be able to explore other parts of the museum as well, like the ancient and classical art as well as the modern art. I also discovered something exciting--a Pollock. I've never been a huge admirer of modern art (though I can appreciate it), but I've always liked Jackson Pollock. My mom loves modern art, so we ended up spending quite a bit of time wandering through those exhibits, while my dad, on the other hand, refused to even venture into the modern art exhibits, which is too bad, because he missed some neat stuff.

This dress has quickly become a spring staple for me. When Sugarlips sent it to me last August, when it was hot and humid, I didn't really see myself wearing it all that often because it was a sort of warm, spring dress. However, in this cool Seattle spring, it's absolutely perfect. The skirt is lightweight and spring-y, while the top is heavy enough to keep me warm. It's also wonderfully simple, so it can be dressed up or down, which I love. I've been very content with just wearing this around the house (as you can see from my first two vlogs!) and then dressed up a bit for occasions like the art museum. 

Do you have any favorite spring staples?

Hope you all are having a lovely week!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

PS~ I've just finished filming a video about my record collection. You can look forward to seeing that up on the blog and my YouTube channel within the next couple of days!

9 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely perfect! I can see why that dress is one of your spring staples; it is definitely versatile and very lovely!
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful dress, Vicki, and it sounds like you had a fun day! :-D It's so interesting that your spring has been cool so far, because in my part of the Midwest it's been very warm - it was over 90 degrees today! :-O

    I'll be watching for your next vlog!! :-D

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the navy and mustard combination. and it sounds like you had so much fun at the art museum. I just love the Cleveland Art Museum--especially the arms and armor exhibit! My family can't get me out of that room!
    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wanted that dress, alas they didn't have it when my time came! :( Oh well!

    I was very near you this weekend! I went to Spokane with my family! I was a bit surprised that it was on the cooler end-but fairly nice anyway.
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent been to as many art museams as I would like, that's cool that you went! I love your dress, the skirt is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shoes and how they match perfectly with your purse! I like old art....there was real talent behind those.

    Not big into modern art....I mean, they have let Elephants and Chimpazees color...and it looks like modern art. :P They actually did a test once and had a orangutan color, let a famous artist sign and a guy wanted to buy it for a few million.lol But everyone has different taste....

    Museums are LOTS of fun!

    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classy lassy! What else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your outfit your wore at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Your hair is gorgeous, and this outfit is so pretty! I'm following you now! :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete