Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Wear a Bow Tie Now. Bow Ties are Cool.







Dress: Thrifted and Refashioned // Blouse, Heels: Thrifted // Tights: JCP // Bow Tie Necklace: eBay

I always love jersey dresses--they're so soft and comfortable, and this one in particular is cute and flattering. I picked it up for $4 at Goodwill a couple weeks ago, and since it was a little shorter than I like, I added a black strip of fabric to the bottom and was ready to go. I can definitely see this being worn a lot in the coming summer months, especially if Seattle's weather warms up!

I also wore my bow tie necklace in honor of the Doctor Who season finale...because bow ties are cool. Since my family doesn't have cable (probably a good thing, seeing as how I love watching TV), I had to wait until Sunday to watch it from iTunes, though it had aired Saturday night. I really should have forced myself to stay far away from the Internet until I had seen it--spoilers were everywhere! I tried to avoid the spoilers, but I ended up figuring quite a bit of the episode's premise from what little I did see. Still--it was fantastic! And also crazy. I'm still going nuts over it, which shows how big a geek I am! 

Also, just a quick note, but I'm sorry about my irregular posting lately. I always blog from my iPad, using the Blogger app, which usually works pretty well, but there was recently an update for the app that somehow causes every single picture I upload to come out blurry, pixelated, and unusable. Because of that, I have to upload my pictures to my mother's laptop and post from there. So that's kind of put a cog in my blogging schedule! Hopefully it'll be back to normal, or at least somewhat more regular, soon!

Hope you all are having a lovely week!
Photo 1 - 2012-12-22


20 comments:

  1. OMG bowties are so cool! So are fezzes! Anyways...aside from the amazing bowtie necklace the rest of you outfit is amazing. and $4 for that dress is awesome. It looks wonderful with those colored tights...and those awesome shoes. honestly, I just keep seeing more about that outfit that I like!!!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I don't think fezzes will *ever* be cool to me, though, haha! & thank you! I did not think that I would like this outfit very much (I overslept Sunday morning and had to put it together in a rush before church), but I ended up really liking it.

      Delete
  2. So cute! That dress does look super comfy, and it's polka dots - how can you go wrong? Love the necklace, of course;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And absolutely! Polka dots are great.(:

      Delete
  3. Cute as always! Love the black panel on the bottom! I think it made it cuter!
    My younger brother is still trying to analyze what exactly happened last week on Doctor Who...actually he's sort of driving me crazy! He'll say things like "Well..Matt Smith HAS been around for 3 seasons..." "They'll probably just let him do the special and then get rid of him..." Anyway, I hope they don't replace him, or if they do, not with that guy! He was NOT DW! LOL!

    I bought this dress that had a bowtie, but it was a pin on! It was incredibly ugly with the bowtie-but I threatened to wear it just because! =)
    A bowtie necklace? AWESOME!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, according to the gossip I've heard, Matt is staying around through at least part of the next season, so we'll have him for at least a bit longer! And since in the episode he says that John Hurt (since I don't really know what to call him) is not the Doctor, I'm assuming they won't be replacing Matt with him. I am interested to see where this new storyline goes, though (interest meaning frantic/crazy).

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, wanted to let you know your button HTML isn't working! There's a box there, but no HTML!
    Let me know if you find out why, mine are doing that too!!!!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I actually noticed that! It's weird, because I didn't change the HTML or anything. I just haven't looked into it yet because I'm planning on making some new buttons. I'll let you know if I find out anything, though! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit! And the necklace, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is so cute! love the polka dots! and the burgundy tights! great combo!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those burgundy tights are definitely a staple in my closet.(:

      Delete
  7. Did you say season finale?? FINALLY!! I've been dying for it to be done airing so they will release ino n dvd! I've got this thing that for shoes that I ESPECIALLY love, I have to wait until I can watch the entire season in like one sitting, instead of drawn out bit by bit over months and months. SO, this post brought me GREAT NEWS!! So ready to meet Clara...although SO not ready to say goodbye to Amy and Rory. Mostly Rory. ;)

    And gral, I LOVE this outfit SO much! And that necklace? Adorbs. I love getting jewelry one bay! So many amazing finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Should be out on DVD soon! And yes, I like that better too! Especially with this season where after every episode I was frantic for the next one!

      Delete
  8. So stylish and gorgeous! Your outfit is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very cute dress, and I love your necklace. I have a bowtie necklace that I've been wearing since highschool...5 years already? :P Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bow tie necklaces are such fun.(:

      Delete
  10. Love that style! So pretty and vintage.

    ReplyDelete