Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Flowers

// Sweater: Kohl's // Sequined top, Purse: Thrifted // Floral Skinnies: Cotton On // Necklaces: Confirmation Gifts // Flats: Marshall's //


I'm not much of a jeans/pants-wearing person, because it's difficult for me to find jeans that are flattering to my body type and fit well. I'm also quite short, which doesn't help! Jeans that flare or are wide-legged tend to make me look even shorter, and skinny jeans that bunch up around my ankles aren't the most flattering thing in the world either. There are other reasons as well, such as the fact that I find it a bit difficult to style my jeans modestly, etc. That said, I love jeans because of their practicality and comfortability. And this past year especially, I've fallen in love with all of the colors and prints appearing on pants, so I've been making more of an effort to find pairs that work for me. I'd been looking for an inexpensive pair of floral pants for awhile now, and when I saw these on Cotton On's website (on sale, to boot!) I snatched them up. They're actually really thick leggings, which means wearing them with longer shirts/tunics (because, as I often feel inclined to say, "Leggings are not pants, people!") or shorter dresses for the sake of modesty, which is fine, because it's probably more flattering on me anyway. So, for church on Sunday, I paired them with a long, cozy sweater and simple accessories. I ended up loving the look so much that I didn't even change out of it and into something more casual after church like I usually would. I can definitely see these getting a lot of wear in the future.

What do you ladies think of the patterned/colorful pants trend? How do you find pants that work for you? I'd love to hear what you think!

Have a lovely day!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22


PS~ If you haven't already, be sure and enter my giveaway for a gift certificate to Shabby Apple!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! I love the bag sooo much! Anyways, I always think it's so cool to find other fashion bloggers that were homeschooled!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the colored pants trend! I'm going to work this Summer at my parent's business and I'll need to wear pants, so I've been collecting some colorful jeans (the uniform shirt is black-not very exciting!) I found some super cute ones at JcPenney, one with an ocean blue kind of tie dye print, red with black on the side and bling, light blue with floral at Rue 21. The only tip I can give you is not to worry about the size, I'll even tell you that I had to buy 15s last time to get the skinny jeans to fit! Normally I wear a 10-12 (depending on brand). I know personally I'll get vain about the size on the tag, however I'm the only one who sees them! Also, there's this new kind out called "super skinny" STAY AWAY! They're made for people with stick legs, going up in size doesn't even help. I do believe they're to be worn as a second skin (seriously!). Anyway, hope that helps, Vicki!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this! Thanks for sharing! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete