Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Week in Photos {#1}

Hello, everyone! I thought I'd try adding a weekly instagram feature to the blog--I only recently got hooked on instagram (if you have one, you can hop on over and follow me at deckedoutinruffles) and I really love it as a quick and easy way to share photos of life's little (and maybe big!) moments. Let me know what you think!




During my last day of spring break, I decided I wanted to make something like this for my wall, so I got out the perler beads and within a half hour or so, I had this! Isn't he cute? I have a newfound fondness for deer...and owls, and foxes. He was quite a pain to iron, though!



I've been doing my spring cleaning for the past week or so. It's a slow process, and I've been so focused on getting it done that sometimes I'll stay up late cleaning. I just really want everything to be nice and organized so that my room can be a place to relax. It's very unlike me, however--as my dad says when he sees me cleaning, "Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?"




I started my new classes this week: statistics and public speaking. These two are some of my more dreaded required classes--public speaking tends to terrify me, while math has never been my strong suit. Still, I think they'll both be interesting and at least useful classes.





I started work on a new sewing project! I forgot how happy sewing makes me...especially with such fun fabric! Any guesses as to what it's going to be? It's almost finished, so I expect you'll be seeing pictures of the finished product soon enough!





For my confirmation, I wanted to have freshly painted nails--this is what I came up with. The yellow is from my March Julep box (which I ordered completely by accident, since I forgot to cancel for this month, but am very happy with), and I really like it, despite the fact that I've never been a huge fan of yellow.





My little cousin, Ally, drew a picture for me this past week. I was so touched! I think that one of the sweetest gifts you can get from a child is one that they made specially for you--it shows how much they care. It makes me nostalgic, too--when I was little, I drew pictures for everyone. My style was very similar to this, but I was obsessed with curls, so all the girls I drew had poodle hair.


Well, those are a few tidbits from my week! How was your week?

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22



3 comments:

  1. Love your deer! I LOVED pearler beads so much when I was younger. They were like the best thing ever.

    The yellow nail polish looks so pretty! I love the glitter you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that picture is adorable!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete