Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Beautiful Easter

Dress: Ross // Cardigan: Thrifted // Necklace: H&M // Sandals: Cotton On // Earrings: Claire's // Tulle Slip: DIY // Parasol: Renaissance Faire

Easter was absolutely lovely this year. It sort of crept up on me unawares this time around, probably because of school, and ended up being even more wonderful and blessed than I expected. I didn't even have a clue what I was wearing until a couple of days before Easter! Every year I usually wear a new dress, and this year I had sort of been looking around for one, but I didn't find any I particularly cared for. The one I did find was too short and it didn't fit right, so I resigned myself to wearing an "old" dress. Then my mother surprised me with this yellow one, which I immediately fell in love with! I love anything with pockets, and it had two lovely, deep pockets. However, it was a good deal shorter than I cared to wear, so I ended up sewing a white tulle slip, which definitely helped (later on, though, I plan on adding a strip of fabric to the bottom to lengthen it). I love this color yellow--it's so bright and springy!

How was your Easter this year?

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22


PS~ If you haven't already, be sure and enter my giveaway for a gift certificate to Shabby Apple!


10 comments:

  1. Adorable photo set. I love the parasol and that color blue and your yellow dress are so lovely and springy together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Livia! I wish there were more occasions I could carry a parasol for....they always seem so dainty and elegant--not to mention they're great for keeping the sun off of one's face!(:

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks so pretty like that! Very 1940's model-esque!
    A white panel would look adorable on that skirt!
    What a nice surprise from your mom!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha!(: I plan on doing a vlog in the recent future on how I curl/style my hair.(:
      I was thinking either of white or black, since the dress has both. So we'll see! I agree, I think it would be really cute.

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely yellow color in the dress. I like the print on it, too. Perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cardigan!

    findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO gorgeous!! i'm loving your nails....and that necklace!! <3

    totally back to blogging. ;P

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty!!! And I LOVE your nails, perfect for Easter!! :) Want to follow each other?

    If you have time come check out my giveaway for a Naked 2 palette, I'd greatly appreciate it!

    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Love yout dress, it's so cute.

    X Audrey
    Fashionhightea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to find our blog! I like!
    Those nails are super cute!
    -Chantal

    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete