Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Anne // Inspired by Film Fashion Event

Blouse: Target // Skirt: DIY // Belt: Forever21 // Heels: American Eagle via eBay // Necklace: eBay


Sunday marked the start of Ashley's Movie and TV-Inspired Fashion week. I thought that it sounded like a good deal of fun, and since I do love a good movie (and great movie costumes!), I thought it would be fun to participate. I am starting a bit late, but there's still plenty of time do me to catch up! There are themes for each day, and Sunday's was period dramas based in the 1900s-1920s. I wanted to choose a specific movie/show for my inspiration. Downton Abbey jumped out at me, but I realized that I'd done several Downton-inspired outfits already, and I decided to challenge myself with inspiration from an old favorite, Anne of Green Gables.

I donned my favorite white poet's blouse and layered it under my dark blue maxi skirt. Then I swirled my hair up into a messy side bun with fairly simple makeup, added some simple accessories, and I was ready to go with what I thought was a suitably Anne-like outfit (though it does lack her beloved puffed sleeves!). Anne of Green Gables was one of my favorite book and movie series when I was growing up, and I think it's because of Anne that I've always longed for either luscious black locks or rich auburn hair.

Tomorrow's theme (which was supposed to be today's!) is movies from/about the 1940s, one of my very favorite time periods...I think I'll be channeling Katharine Hepburn in my outfit.

I hope you all are having a great week! I'm on spring break right now, and somewhat in awe of all this free time. It feels marvelous, though slightly strange, after all the stress of finals.

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the skirt. I can't wait to see your 1940's outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling outfit! I especially love the belt and blouse. Can't wait to see your 1940's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt is so beautiful! Your outfit definitely looks like something right out of Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE this outfit! So elegant and so perfectly Anne! Your hairstyle is simply gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The third picture is stunning. Everything looks so soft and feminine. My girlfriends and I use to look at pictures of our grandmothers and great aunts from when they were young women back in the fourties and we would remark to eachother, "Women were so gorgeous back in those days! Something about the way women looked back then, we have lost. You, though, look like a beauty straight out of the 20s/30s/40s! I'm sure you will take this as a good compliment as I read that you really like vintage. Good job with your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really adore your outfit, Vicki! It is perfect.

    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Ashley
    Bramblewood Fashion

    ReplyDelete