Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Merriest Christmas

Photo Dec 28, 8 11 57 PM
Photo Dec 28, 8 13 52 PM

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I wound up taking an unintentional blogging break this past week, due to the business of Christmas festivities and anxiety over dental appointments...it all caught up with me on Monday, and I came down with some kind of bug. Thankfully, I seem to be on the mend, and I'm excited to finally share these snippets of our Christmas decor with you!

Photo Dec 28, 8 10 04 PM
Photo Dec 28, 8 05 18 PM
Photo Dec 28, 8 09 20 PM

This Christmas felt like a hectic one, especially with the addition of a little baby to the mix, and I was determined to slow down on Christmas day, and really enjoy the time with my family. I'd tried so hard to get the house clean for Christmas, but in the end, I decided it wasn't important, so I relaxed and focused on spending time with the hubby and Miss Adelaide. Josh and I decided we were going to get up early for breakfast and our gifts for each other, a plan that kind of went south after we woke up and decided neither one of us really wanted to get up and make breakfast. Instead, we snuggled for an hour before opening gifts and getting ready for church...and we grabbed taquitos from 7-11 for breakfast en route to church. I was very much okay with that...though next year I'm determined to make breakfast beforehand for us to eat at home.

After church, we hopped over to my parents' house (with a very tired Miss Adelaide) to exchange gifts, then to Josh's family's Christmas dinner (with an even more tired Miss Adelaide), and after a nice three hour nap for baby at home, to my family's big gathering. The nicest part of the day was really just coming home to relax, chat, and watch Christmas movies with Josh after Adelaide went down for bed.

Photo Dec 28, 8 17 39 PM
Photo Dec 28, 8 03 43 PM

This year especially I've begun to appreciate the quiet, simpler moments of Christmas. Snuggling up on the couch by the Christmas tree, seeing Adelaide's awe at the lights and shiny ornaments, long talks with husband and family, and wrapping presents to the sounds of my favorite carols. Everything else is still lovely, but those are the things I look forward to most. What are your favorite parts of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment