Saturday, December 17, 2016

Gift Guide for Baby

Photo Dec 16, 11 53 10 AM

This gift guide was one of the most dangerous ones for me to make, because it was far too tempting for me to load all of these into my shopping cart! One of the things I've been concerned about is how to have a baby and be a minimalist at the same time...I feel like children accumulate toys so quickly, and with Adelaide I'm working to just be very intentional about everything that we bring into our home for her. When shopping for her, I like to look for products that are practical, that are high quality, are educational, and will last beyond the span of a few short months. Anyway, with that in mind, here is a list of items that would be perfect for any baby on your list! :)

giftguideforbaby
  1. Pride and Prejudice: A BabyLit Counting Primer - The beautifully illustrated board books from BabyLit are your baby's perfect introduction to classic literature! I chose Pride and Prejudice to use as the example, but they also have books based around Moby Dick, Les Miserables, A Christmas Carol, and Jane Eyre, just to name a few! And the art is just darling in all of them!
  2. Manhattan Toy Skwish Natural Rattle and Teether - Adelaide is teething right now, and I can just see her spending hours with this. This would be perfect for any teether, and besides that, it's also great for teaching fine motor skills. It's also collapsible, so it can easily be thrown in a diaper bag to take on the go!
  3. Finley the Fox Rattle Buddy - Oh my goodness, this little guy is the cutest thing! And besides being adorable, he's handmade, organic, and fair trade (I'm so excited to have discovered this brand!). If foxes aren't baby's thing, they have a variety of other designs to choose from, including the cuddliest robot ever. :)
  4. Organic Merino Wool Baby Cap - This darling bonnet will keep baby's head and ears snug and cozy this winter. I like the practicality of the design--the chin ties keep it from slipping off so baby's head stays warm. My struggle with hats on Adelaide is that they're always either falling off, or she pulls them off to chew on...I bet this one would stay put!
  5. Kid O Wobbles - These cute little guys will wobble back and forth when pushed but won't fall down. They're great for developing motor skills and hand-eye coordination. And I am in love with the sweet, minimal design. I did break down and buy the raccoon for Adelaide's stocking...it was just too cute to pass up, and I'm pretty sure she'll love it.
  6. Wooden Stacking Rings - Again, great for developing hand-eye coordination and motor skills. And I love the aesthetic of these handmade natural wood rings as opposed to the colorful ones you usually see on shelves.
  7. Shea Chamomile and Argan Oil Head-to-Toe Baby Shampoo and Lotion - This is the most practical gift on this guide, but it's still so good. It's soothing and moisturizing and gentle for baby's delicate skin, and it's organic, which I love.
  8. Friendly Faces in the Yard: Baby's First Soft Book - This is the cutest soft book--it has black and white pictures of animals you might see in the yard. It's great for new babies, because of the black and white images, and also for older babies, who can practice turning the pages and also (more likely) chew on it. And it's good for keeping them occupied during church. ;) The description also says it's great for the bathtub, and I love that idea!
  9. Wooden Teething Pacifier Clip - I've seen this pacifier clips around the internet for awhile now, and I finally picked one up for Adelaide, since she needed a pacifier clip anyway. I like this over the traditional cloth clips because the wood beads are good for teethers. And I chose this one in particular because it has the rings on it for baby to play with. I also like the neutral beads, since they will pair well with everything. Pair this gift with an all-natural pacifier, like this one, and you're good to go!
  10. Baby Bandana Bibs - These are the cutest bibs--they look more like a fashion accessory than anything. I have a few of these for Adelaide, and currently they're amazing for catching drool.

There you have it! I hope this guide helped give you some ideas for any last minute baby gifts you still need to pick up!


No comments:

Post a Comment