Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Minimalist Guide to Gift Wrapping

Photo Dec 07, 1 21 22 PM

Am I the only one who's obsessed with prettily wrapped gifts? I just feel like a nice wrapping job helps to make a gift feel that much more special, and for me, it helps make wrapping gifts fun. Also, they look oh so nice under the tree! Today I wanted to pop in and share how I wrapped my gifts this year, and give you a few tips for how to add that special touch to your own gift wrapping.

Photo Dec 07, 1 14 33 PM
Photo Dec 07, 1 12 40 PM

My Supplies:

01. Butcher paper + 1 roll of printed wrapping paper (from Target, last year)

02. Assorted twine, ribbon, + string

03. Washi tape

04. Candy canes

05. Evergreen branches

06. Scotch tape + scissors

I wound up using butcher paper this year for the bulk of my gift-wrapping. It's like a blank canvas--you can do whatever you want with it! And it's super cheap--in my case, it's actually leftovers from my wedding reception where we used it to cover the kids' tables.

Photo Dec 07, 1 17 45 PM
Tip #1: Keep it Simple

Sometimes the prettiest gifts may be the simplest. Try wrapping a gift in butcher paper, then tie some twine around the middle, and finish it off with a candy cane.

Photo Dec 07, 1 19 48 PM
Photo Dec 07, 1 15 40 PM
Tip #2: Create Your Own Design

A simple pattern can add the perfect pop to an otherwise drab looking gift. I did a simple star pattern with sharpies (which I'm in love with!) on this one; other patterns I tried were trees and polka dots. So easy (if not a bit time-consuming)!

Photo Dec 07, 1 18 58 PM
Tip #3: Layer it!

I feel like this achieves a really sophisticated look. Simply wrap your gift, then cut a strip of a complementary paper to go around the center. Fold the edges under for a cleaner look, then top with a bow!

Photo Dec 07, 1 16 41 PM
Tip #4: Toppings!

Finally, my favorite way to bring a gift together is with some pretty twine or ribbon and some kind of topper...my favorites are always tree cuttings and candy canes, since they add such a timeless touch. There are so many other things you can use too, like ornaments, bells, or small gifts--some stores, like Target, also sell a bunch of pretty gift toppers!

Those are some of my favorite ways to wrap gifts. How about you? How are you wrapping your gifts this season?



No comments:

Post a Comment