Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve Essentials

Photo Dec 30, 9 47 25 PM
Photo Dec 30, 9 48 35 PM

The holiday season is when I throw my minimalist style to the wind in favor of all things sparkly and velvet. I feel like Christmas and the New Year provide the perfect excuse to dress up and play with makeup and glittery nail polish, and I love it.

This New Year's Eve, I'm wearing my vintage 90s crushed velvet dress. When I was little, I had a red crushed velvet nightgown that I wore for more years than I care to admit, and this dress reminds me of that, except it's acceptable for wearing out. It's so cozy and soft, and really figure-flattering. Usually, I would pair it with a statement necklace, but this year I'm paring it back and wearing my ring from Josh, and a pair of statement earrings.

Photo Dec 30, 9 53 16 PM
Photo Dec 30, 9 57 16 PM
Photo Dec 30, 9 51 16 PM

I'm going for this gorgeous blue shimmer polish from Julep--it's a bit different from my usual red, which I like, and oh my, the color is just swoon-worthy.

For the lips, I'm wearing my favorite Kat von D lipstick. I feel like berry tones always look nice with blues and grays, like I went for with my eye look.

Finally, I'm going for a gray smoky eye with my favorite Julep duo. The colors are really pigmented, and I love the velvety formula.

And I'm finishing the look with a sparkly vintage clutch, which I initially purchased for my wedding. I love any excuse to pull it out!

Photo Dec 30, 9 59 15 PM

Happy 2017, friends!


I hope you all have a wonderful and safe time celebrating (or staying in!)! Josh and I have a church service to attend this evening, but after that, I fully intend on snuggling up in some cozy PJs and ringing in the New Year with a mug of cocoa.

What are your New Year's Eve essentials? Do you dress up and go out, or just stay in?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment