Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Layers



Dress: Gift / Sweater: Target / Necklace: Fuego / Belt: Made by Me / Shoes: Marshall's

When the summer weather is as cool as it's been here over the past week, it calls for layering of summer classics. So I paired this lightweight jersey dress with a knit sweater from Target, then belted it with an Anthropologie-inspired belt that I had made awhile back (look forward to a tutorial later this week!). It was perfect for the cool weather, and it was easy enough to take off the sweater when the humidity started getting to me!

This week is going to be a busy one, full of frenzied sewing to finish my costume for an upcoming renaissance faire...I had wanted to go later in August, but then my aunt found a groupon that cut the price down significantly, and since the groupon was sold out for the last few weeks of the faire, we're going this weekend! And I only just started my dress! Ahhhh! But, God willing, I'll have it done in time.(;

Have any of you been working on any sewing projects this summer?




7 comments:

  1. What a nice outfit! :) I really like how the belt pulls the look all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I like the pop of the color the belt adds! Super cute!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dual color belt is looking so lovely on your black dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the belt! Looking forward to the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also like to add my love of the belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. =) Thanks for stopping by my blog, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete