Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dragonflies and Purple {What I Wore Sunday}





Dress: Gifted, Refashioned // Shoes: Thrifted


On Sunday, I wanted to dress comfortably and simply for church, and I was also eager to wear this dress that my aunt gave me. It was a bit shorter than I usually like to wear, so I took some vintage fabric and added a contrasting hem at the bottom. All right before bed on Saturday too! I am very happy with how it turned out, though! And since it's simple, it's also more versatile, and can be styled many different ways.

The dragonfly (christened "Fred" by my aunt) decided to perch itself on my aunt's hanging flower baskets one day, and posed very nicely while I snapped a few shots of him. Unfortunately, they turned out terribly grainy! Still, I love the way he looks against the bright purple background!

Oh! And I got my hair cut! It feels so short to me, but no one seems to have noticed it, so I guess it's not too drastic a change. It was in pretty bad shape before getting cut, and now I'm determined to take better care of it!(:

Have a lovely week!





4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful shade of purple!
    I like the way you refashioned your dress. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't have many things in purple (though I just realized its made an appearance in a bunch of recent outfit posts), so I'm always excited to have some new purple-y clothes to wear.(:

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful color and dress! You did a great job with the contrasting hem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vicki :) I like the outfit too :) color is so nice!
    And your hair cut is short but fine !
    All the best..

    ReplyDelete