Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How Very Fascinating






Dress: c/o Sugarlips / Wedges: Sketchers / Fascinator: Ross / Bag: Thrifted

I was sent this lovely dress by Sugarlips, a fashion company that I had not heard of until recently, but I'm already in love with their clothes. Not all of the styles lived up to my personal standards, but I was thrilled by the modest length and neckline of this dress! It's classy and feminine, but also very comfortable, and I like that it can be dressed up or down and layered.

I was also very happy for an opportunity to wear my new fascinator! I personally love the look of fascinators (especially after watching the royal wedding last year!), but it's always hard to find the right occasion to wear them for. This one was an impulse buy...it was just too elegant to pass up!

What do you think of fascinators? How would you wear one?




11 comments:

  1. I love the style of this outfit! Your putted it together so perfectly. :) The fascinator looks very elegant on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole outfit looks gorgeous. You have a wonderful sense of style. :) And I think you pulled off the fascinator look perfectly, it looks very elegant on you. I'm just not sure it would work on me. ;) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! Have you seen those headbands with the layers of feathers (peacock, etc)? I think those would look lovely on you!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! One of my favorite outfits yet, and I love the fascinator on you! I have several, but have never worked up the courage to actually wear them...maybe now I will;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tasha! Fascinators are really lovely, but it seems like not enough people wear them, so it does take a bit of courage! But you should give it a try! And maybe post pictures?(;

      ~Vicki

      Delete
  4. Love this dress! No really...send it to me...seriously... *GRIN* Joking!
    I actually had to pause the royal wedding and Google "fascinator"-I had no idea what it was! Looks lovely on you!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I would, but I love it too much!(;
      Thanks! I loved all of the fascinators at the wedding (and...*cough* to tell the truth, I didn't know what they were called until after I watched it and saw all the comments on them...till then I just called them 'fancy hats'), and all the variety! They can have such personality.

      ~Vicki

      Delete
  5. Love the dress! :) I wash just looking at there website.

    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki - it is absoltuely adorable. Isn't Sugarl!ps pretty expensive, though?
    Also, I replied to your comment on my blog -- http://emilytheindustrious.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-time-to-dance.html?showComment=1344471855130#c2688664649248664469 -- thanks so much for reading.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful dear..you are looking awesome..

    ReplyDelete