Tuesday, July 24, 2012

She Wears Feathers in Her Hair {What I Wore Sunday}







Skirt: Marshall's / Top: Thrifted / Tank: Fred Meyer / Shoes: Claire's / Earrings: Fuego

These peacock feather earrings may be one of the most frivolous accessories I own, but I love them so much, even when the wind blows them all over my face, and even when they hang at awkward angles...I just love the colors and the lightweight feel, plus that unusual look! And they do match this skirt perfectly, as I discovered.

It's been quite chilly here in WA lately...our 80* weather has vanished and been replaced by clouds and rain (and we've been having some pretty spectacular thunderstorms!). My geo teacher says it's the result of a marine push. It does make it hard to dress for summer, though, when it still feels like the middle of spring! I am happy with the cool weather, however--I always pray that we have a cool summer, because I am not a fan of the heat!

I hope you all in warmer parts of the world are able to stay cool!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful..I love the feather earrings & your skirt is so nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty :) it looks like it would keep you nice and cool in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure Montana is a "warmer part" but it's been 90+Degs. here! I'm personally melting!
    I LOVE those shoes! I didn't even know Claire's sells shoes! I'll have to check that out sometime...
    Love the outfit, beautiful colors! And that skirt is beautiful!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the whole outfit! Feathers, skirt, shirt, shoes, everything! And yes, be very thankful for the cooler weather. Here in Louisiana it's been in the humid hundreds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those feathers!!! so bohemian of you!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! Those earrings remind me a lot of a friend of mine. She likes those kinds of earrings too, and I think she has a similar pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ca-ute! Love, LoVe, love that skirt!!!! :)

    I hope you are having a Wonderful Wednesday.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anyone ever told you how ridiculously beautiful your hair is...? It seems to lie so naturally perfect and with the prettiest curl. So jealous because summertime hair for me is a rattlesnakes nest of my head, hehe! But really, you look lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh! I just love your outfit! that skirt is so stunning on you. <3

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh! I just love your outfit! that skirt is so stunning on you. <3

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete