Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Warm Colors {What I Wore Sunday}





Skirt: Made by me / Tank: Old Navy / Sweater: Thrifted (by Spotted Moth) / Necklace: Claire's

You probably can't tell from the pictures, but this skirt turned out rather odd, with a very uneven hem that I didn't notice until it was too late to change my outfit! I was staying overnight babysitting my cousins and thought to try the skirt on before bed to see if my outfit plan was all right, and the very first thing I noticed was that awful hem! I didn't have any of my seeing supplies, and no pins to tack it up, but I did manage to find a tiny safety pin to tack it in place until I could fix it at home. What a blessing that I had discovered it that night instead of in the chaos of getting ready for church in the morning!

This cardigan was a very cool find...I spotted it randomly on my way out of Goodwill, laid over a rack. The knitted pattern caught my eye, and when I picked it up, I saw that not only was it my size, but it had the 50% off tag attached! Needless to say, I scooped it up immediately. The color is very different for me, but I do like its warm tones.

I hope you all are having a lovely week!


12 comments:

  1. So beautiful dear Vicki..Love your look & outfit..cardigan is very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki--just a note to say how much I love your blog! You are truly an inspiration in your service to our Lord.

    Wishing you all the best--His blessing--today and always!

    -Kaitlin
    thebendandback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit, as always! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colors! And I really like your skirt - the hem may not be even, but it looks good to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Are beautiful, love your sophisticated smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stubled upon your blog .. oh my gosh must say the photos that you have clicked and posted in every post of yours are AHmazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is so cute! I have been obsessed with sweaters lately even though it's so hot outside...needless to say I can't wait for the winter! haha, cute blog! I found you through the Vintage Wanna Bee Saturday Hop and would love it if you had the chance to stop by :)

    -Jessica (Sew In Love)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cardigan is gorgeous! I really miss wearing cardigans - it's been so hot here and I'm starting to get really excited for autumn. <3

    And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like swimming at the beach. xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bold colored skirt and your sweater is darling. to cute!

    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bold colored skirt and your sweater is darling. to cute!

    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I adore that cardigan!(I have some over-the-knee socks I love that look just like it haha!) That color looks fantastic on you, you should try it more often;)

    And I'm glad you could fix your skirt!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this outfit!! The whole thing reminds me of a vintage/50s look, even your makeup. :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete