Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The First Week of Summer {What I Wore Sunday}







Outfit:
Dress: Marshall's
Belt: Ross
Cardigan: Thrifted
Shoes: Gift

Hello! It feels like so long since I last posted...well, life's just been so busy! Last week my uncle and some of his children were visiting, and my grandma, who usually babysits some of my cousins while their parents are at work, asked me if I could take over for her for the week. Monday, Thursday, and Friday were spent babysitting, then relaxing with some sewing and movies at home (I recently purchased BBC's Hamlet with David Tennant...Ahh! It's amazing!). That week was also part of a church convention, and the latter part of it was spent in fellowship with friends and family. Oh, and there was so much food! I didn't think I'd ever want to eat again, haha! I helped out in the kitchen on Wednesday and Saturday, cooking and making decorations. I made a papercut banner to hang above the food table, and convinced my sister and a few friends to help make tissue paper flowers. The decorations turned out so cute, and we got so many lovely comments! And best of all were the edifying sermons and essays read throughout the convention--I feel I learned so much!

Monday marked the start of summer quarter for me...and I must say, I'm excited for these summer classes, though I know they'll be a challenge...especially as the weather improves!

That was my week! How was your first week of summer?


8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE the colors in this outfit!! That skirt is beautiful!

    David Tennant in Hamlet is brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I didn't know Shakespeare could be that awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, Vicki! Those colors are beautiful on you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful..a very nice outfit with a very smart Vicki :)
    Enjoy ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That dress looks FABULOUS on you! ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL outfit, Vicki! I LOVE that dress! It's gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit! You have one of those faces I envy-old fashioned looking (in the most sincere compliment way!)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit Vicki! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I am glad you are back posting! I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete