Saturday, June 2, 2012

Miscellany




Hello! I hope you all are getting a chance to enjoy the weekend! I thought I would be swamped with homework and studies, but I realized this morning that I hardly had anything to do except a bit of reading, and the rest of the day was delightfully free. I took the down time to make some changes to the blog design--I added a pinterest and email button to the sidebar, so you can find me on pinterest and email me quickly. I also added a couple of new buttons! The code for my old one wasn't working, and I think I finally figured it out.

Now, on to some random updates:

I guest-posted twice last month! You can see my posts here, at Pretty Modest, and here, at Fresh Modesty.

Recently (actually, in April!) I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Reward by the lovely Natasha of Day by Day, one of my very favorite blogs. You should definitely check out her blog if you haven't already! Thank you so much, Tasha!



Now, here are the rules:

1. In a post on your blog, nominate 4 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.

2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.

3. In the same post, thank the blogger (or bloggers!) who nominated you with a link back to their blog(s).

4. In the same post, include 7 random pieces of information about you.

5. In the same post, include this set of rules.

6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination with a comment on their blog.


Let's see, seven random things about me...

1. Well, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and huge is probably an understatement! But no one else in my family watches it, so my quotes and references often go unnoticed... :P (now you all know what a huge geek I am!)

2. I prefer tea over coffee, and always without sugar

3. I like to talk about politics

4. I clean when I'm stressed

5. Two of my favorite books of the Bible are Psalms and Proverbs.

6. I (well, my family) have two birds--a dove that laughs, and a little parrotlet named Buster who likes to nibble at fingers.

7. I have a penchant for unusual words


And now, I nominate:

Kristen of True Elegance
Sarabeth of Delightfully Feminine
The lovely girls of Pretty Modest
Lauren of Books, Fashion, and Tea

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!


1 comment: