Monday, May 28, 2012

Purple-Hued {What I Wore Sunday}







Outfit Details:
Dress: Thrifted
Sweater: Target
Belt: Windsor
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Marshall's


I was a bit frustrated with myself while putting together this outfit. The dress is one of my favorites, and I've been itching to wear it again for months. It does have several awkward issues, however--first, it's quite short. A lot shorter than I think modest. And secondly, the top part does not fit me well. I had forgotten these issues when I decided I wanted to wear it on Sunday, then remembered again once I had tried it on. I still wanted to wear it, so I started brainstorming for ways to make it work. I pulled out a gray sweater to cover the straps, and belted it with an edgy corset-style belt I picked up in California last year (and hadn't really worn, either). Then I remembered a purple-y skirt that I made awhile back and put that on underneath. It is a slightly lighter shade of purple than on the dress, but I think it works!(;

Do any of you have tips for making different pieces work better for you?

Have a lovely day!




10 comments:

  1. Lovely Vicki! The dress is so adorable.

    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute..I like the belt specially :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you layered the dress over a skirt! I think I will have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. The skirt underneath the dress was a very neat idea, something I might try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning outfit. I simply love your photos because you are looking very beautiful in this pair and skirt is so unique. Keep posting dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!

    my website vigrx pills

    ReplyDelete

  7. There are many many beautiful prom dresses on http://www.jadegownshop.co.uk. Have a look on it and you will not be disappointed.
    condici dresses online

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful dresses shillas evening dresses for weddings reviews waiting for your option if you want to be a beautiful lady,please choose our dresses.
    http://www.shillas.co.uk

    ReplyDelete