Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Day! {What I Wore Sunday}

Hi everyone,

How was your weekend? Mine was nice. It was relaxing, fun, and though I didn't get half of the crafty things I wanted done, it was good to unwind to the flash and whir of lightsabers (Can you believe that I have seen every Star Wars movie multiple times, but have yet to make it through the third one? I plan to remedy that, though the imminent ending depresses me...) and my copy of "The Hobbit." Yay! I'm also excited to get started on a short story for English...who'd have thunk I'd actually be excited about an English assignment?? When I can choose what I write about, I'm as happy as a lark. I had been dreading it for so long, as I had no clue what to write about, then this morning, my inspiration came, and I knew what to write. My best inspiration always comes on Sundays, which I think is no coincidence (Thank you, Lord!).

Now that I've rambled on and on...



This outfit is actually from last week, the day that the snow hit (it's nearly gone now, sadly). I had so much fun running about in the snow, taking pictures of everything that caught my eye, which was nearly everything. I don't know what it is about snow, but it just makes everything seem more beautiful. My little cousin was running about saying, "It's Christmas, it's Christmas!" and that is what it felt like. It just makes me happy, to the point of exuberance.





While I stood by this fence, a snowflake caught on my eyelashes...






Outfit Details:
Sweater: JC Penny's
Coat: Ross
Jeans: Fred Meyer
Boots: Amazon (I've been wearing these almost non-stop since they arrived)
Handwarmers: Knit by my mother
Scarf: Made by Me


And you can be sure that there are many more snow pictures coming! I couldn't cram them all into one post!

Have a lovely week!



Linking up here.

9 comments:

  1. Love the all cool clicks :) Enjoy snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! The snows all gone now....so sad.):

      Delete
  2. thank you for the mask idea! and is that the scarf you made with the pattern? whether it is or isn't, i like it anyways! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That's the scarf! It's one of my favorites since its so cozy...(:

      Delete
  3. do you crochet or knit? i am in the midst of crocheting a scarf right now...it'll show up on the blog eventually. (:

    i loved the verse you shared in your comment yesterday. so true. thank you!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm from the south, so if there would have been snow on the ground, you can bet your bottom dollar that i'd have so many layers on you'd barely see my face through the puffs of down!

    www.thedirtlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, generally that's the case with me too! I love my Eskimo jackets when the weather's like this!

      Delete
  5. i love your blog it is really cool. I admire that you do a christian modest fashion blog and i love you style!

    Lizzy

    A christian modest fashion blog http://prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete