Friday, November 4, 2016

The Beauty Capsule

Photo Nov 04, 1 05 59 PM
Photo Nov 04, 1 03 07 PM
Photo Nov 04, 1 02 28 PM
Photo Nov 04, 1 01 35 PM
I think my quest to minimize really started when I was about to be married and I was packing all the things from my childhood home. I just had one room and a desk, so I didn't think there could possibly that much in them, but there was. So. Much. Stuff. It was overwhelming, and I decided that I didn't need probably 50% of the items I had crammed into my tiny room. So, section by section I went through and cut out everything that I didn't need, want, or use. One such section was my makeup table. I was one of those people who was constantly trying new products. Every time I went to Target, I found myself in the beauty aisles, and usually, I went home with a new lipstick (or two!), or a new eyeshadow quad. It was bad for both my wallet and my storage situation! I decided that with my beauty products, quality over quantity was the way to go. I took advantage of my upcoming wedding to buy a couple of palettes I'd been eyeing at Sephora and otherwise stuck to the more inexpensive products that I liked and that worked well for me. I successfully trimmed my makeup stash down to one small box of essentials and a couple of "special occasion" items.
Over the next few weeks, I'm going to share my beauty capsule with you:
01. Eyes
02. Cheeks
03. Face
04. Lips
05. My Everyday Makeup Routine

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh I can't wait to read this series Vicki! Sounds like so much fun!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love the idea of a beauty capsule...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've cut down my makeup, I never had too much of that (I've realized I cannot go to crazy with eyeshadow and lipstick colors, so that cuts out quite a bit), but I am trying to use up lipglosses and sticks before I buy more. My face, hair, and body care products are another story, as I tend to want to stock up and then sometimes forget/am too lazy to use specialized items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is the one who's always stocking up on hair and body care products around here (but hey, we don't have to worry about running out!)! I'm really bad at restocking things before they've run out. >.<

    ReplyDelete