Friday, November 11, 2016

The Beauty Capsule 01 - The Eyes Have It

Photo Nov 11, 1 39 56 PM
Photo Nov 11, 1 38 57 PM
Photo Nov 11, 1 41 30 PM

As I worked on creating my beauty capsule, eye makeup was the most important to me. I swoon over pretty eyeshadow palettes, and I feel naked without a cat-eye or finished brows!The Kat Von D Shade + Light eye palette is my go-to for everyday makeup looks. I debated between this and the Urban Decay Naked palettes for a long time, and finally decided on this one because I felt that the matte shadows would be more suitable for everyday wear. And I love this palette. It's super pigmented, and the three quads are so versatile. If I could choose only one eyeshadow palette to use for the rest of my life, this would be it.In addition, I have a duo from Julep (in the shades Dark and Stormy) for when I want to mix it up, as well as my old Julep palette, which is still pretty amazing.For mascara, Rimmel's Scandaleyes Retro Glam is inexpensive and gives some of the best results I've had from any mascara. It has a great brush style and adds lots of impact!

Photo Nov 11, 1 42 32 PM

I only use eye primer occasionally, but still like to have it on hand for days when I don't want to have to worry about my eyeshadow creasing. Since it's not really a must have, I just have this one from e.l.f. It does the trick, and it's only a couple of dollars, which is a win in my book! (I'm not sure why this one looks blue...I may have bought the wrong one last time!)

Speaking of e.l.f...No matter how many liquid eyeliners I tried, I kept coming back to this one. It's only $2, but the brush provides the perfect amount of precision, the color is nice and opaque, and it lasts the whole day.

As far as brows go, this pencil from Rimmel has been my favorite for filling in and grooming my brows. I've tried other products in the past, but kept coming back to this one.

Photo Nov 11, 1 43 24 PM

My final item is by no means a necessity, but I'm a huge fan. Though I usually stick with my basic eye routine, sometimes I like to mix it up a bit and this "when pencil met gel" eyeliner in teal from Julep is perfect for when I want something a little different. Their gel pencils also have a great formula! It's really creamy and the pigment just glides right on with minimal effort. And it's a really quick way to add impact to your eye look, which I love.

What eye products are your staples? I'd love to hear!




No comments:

Post a Comment