Monday, November 7, 2016

Rainy Fall Days

Photo Oct 27, 9 12 16 PM
Photo Oct 27, 9 07 12 PM

Fall and winter are my favorite seasons, especially as a Seattleite. I love my cold, gray weather. I love listening to the rain as it comes down against the house. I love staying inside with blankets and a toasty fire when it's cold. I love hot beverages. And I love layering. I may be the only one, but I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to spring and summer fashion, where one tends to stay away from layers because of the heat. As soon as it starts getting warm, I start counting down the days till fall.

This outfit, or some variation of it, is what I typically throw on if I need to go out and want to look a little more dressed up, but still want to feel like I'm in pajamas. And with outfits like these, I feel like it's all in the details--it's made interesting by the different textures and the necklace. This dress, incidentally, is one of the most versatile pieces I own. It was kind of an impulse buy when I was out shopping after work. I had recently found out I was pregnant, and I was determined not to shell out tons of money on maternity clothes that might only be worn a few times. I thought that this little trapeze dress would be perfect to accommodate my growing belly. And it certainly was! I wore it all through pregnancy and quite often afterward, when I was self-conscious about my post-baby pooch. And obviously, I'm still wearing it. I feel like this dress, a cardigan or button-down, and a pair of leggings are just the perfect outfit.

Photo Oct 27, 9 04 12 PM
Photo Oct 27, 9 09 06 PM
Photo Oct 27, 8 52 49 PM

Also, I want to talk about these boots. Forever 21 is hardly somewhere I would go to shop for items of quality. However, there are a few gems. These boots are one of them. I actually thrifted them three years ago for about $5, not expecting them to last very long. But I have worn them almost constantly throughout the fall and winter of the past three years, and they're still going strong. They're comfy and go with just about everything. Best $5 I've ever spent. ;)

Photo Oct 27, 8 51 35 PM

Outfit Details:

01. Cardigan - H&M

02. Dress - Ross

03. Leggings - Forever 21

04. Boots - Thrifted, originally from Forever 21

05. Necklace - Charlotte Russe (old)

What's a purchase that you've been pleasantly surprised by?

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair color! The necklace is pretty, too, and it sounds like that dress has seen you through a lot!

    ReplyDelete