Monday, November 28, 2016

The Beauty Capsule 03 - Let's Face It

Photo Nov 21, 9 20 39 PM

Hey there! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our little family began the day at church, then headed off for two family feasts. I made a pretty mean batch of sweet potato casserole (seriously, so good! whatever would I do without Pinterest recipes?), and a couple batches of cookies to continue fueling my serious sweet tooth. And although I'm still recuperating from the long day, I must say, it was really nice to be able to spend time with family and catch up.

Anyway, this segment of the Beauty Capsule should be fairly short and sweet! Today we're focusing on products for the overall face.

Photo Nov 21, 9 22 10 PM
First up is primer! I don't use primer on a daily basis, but I like to have it on hand for special occasions or just when I want my makeup to wear well all day. Between the budget primers I've tried, I haven't seen much of a difference, so currently I'm using this one, Pore-Filler by NYX. It was rated highly online, and I think it does its job just fine.

Photo Nov 21, 9 25 32 PM

I have extremely pale skin, and it has always been a chore finding a foundation that actually fits my skin tone. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that up until a few months ago, I was still using a foundation that was a shade too dark (because I'm cheap, and I had to finish the product first, haha). Then when I went to Target to stock up, I found the Revlon Colorstay Foundation (shade 110 for me!). It was less expensive than my other one, though still the same brand, and a whole lot closer to my actual skin tone. So I snapped it up, and I really like it. It's great all-day coverage. For budget foundations, Revlon has always been my favorite, and I'm glad to finally have the right shade!

Photo Nov 21, 9 24 08 PM

As far as concealers go, I really like the HD Concealers by NYX. The green one I use under my foundation to help tone down any redness, then I top it off with the flesh-toned one, which I also use to help brighten my undereye area. The formula is really creamy and pigmented, and it lasts well.

Finally, I like to use Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder over the top of everything to keep it in place and provide a nice finish (no picture of this one, since my case broke!).



What are your favorite face products? I'd love to hear!






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Vicki! I've totally used up a wrong shade of foundation to avoid wasting it before! :D Right now I'm using the Tarte full coverage foundation which I love because it doesn't break me out which is tough for me to find in foundation! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok first, I love your blog and have read every post. Second, I can't wait to try that foundation!! Everything looks orange on me!! Pale girl problems! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you! You're so sweet! Hahaha I completely understand the struggle. Fingers crossed it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to find a foundation that works for you! It can be a real struggle!

    ReplyDelete