Friday, December 27, 2013

a very merry christmas


I hope you all had a very merry Christmas this year! I had such a lovely Christmas, and the last thing I wanted was for it to be over. On Christmas Eve, as usual, I tried to cram too many things into one day, but it all turned out all right. I was able to sew up a skirt for the little girl I babysit, and then I was able to  alter the dress I was wearing that evening (I can't wait to show y'all! It looked pretty good for a thrift store find) and get myself all ready for the Christmas Eve service at church and make it to church just before I was supposed to sing in the choir. Then Christmas Day after church was much more relaxed. I watched It's a Wonderful Life with my family and we exchanged gifts before heading off to a big family party. It was just a happy, blessed day in general and I think I laughed harder than I had in weeks, especially during the Scrabble arguments with my uncle (he's always trying to sneak made-up words in there, and then argues that they are actual words).

Anyway, I thought I would share a look into the decorations I had up around my room this year. I didn't decorate until Monday, but I'm glad I finally put them up. 

How was your Christmas? 

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

7 comments:

  1. Angel's very hard to play any type of word game with...he'll just make up words...and then look them up in the dictionary, and then sometimes his random collection of letters turns out to be a real word even though he didn't actually know that it was a word... :P
    Sounds like a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! And you've got lovely pictures to match. Thank you for sharing them with us. If you're like many of us, though, and are looking for small places in your life to save money after some big holiday spending, check out Dorco. We're a shaving company providing quality razors for up to 70% less than leading brands. Read what others think about our products and our prices at DorcoUSA.com. Thank you again for sharing this post with us, and we wish you all the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my christmas was amazing! hope you have a happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry late Christmas to you! I am glad you had such a lovely one! It sounds, Christmas day, relaxing and pleasant.
    Mine was very nice as well. We had a lot of fun and it was a very nice holiday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! That little tree on the books is so cute :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vicki, I just found your blog and I love it I am a christian blogger as well! I really love your Blog and all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete