Monday, December 23, 2013

christmas preparations + cozy sweaters



//sweater: target / scarf: target {gift} / skirt, oxfords: thrifted / tights: fred meyer//

Well, finals are finally over, and Christmas preparations are in full swing around here. Actually, I finished finals last Sunday, but I ended up taking an unexpected blogging hiatus to take a much-needed breather and catch up on life. And read The Hobbit finally, among other books. Then I ended up getting sick over the weekend, when I had planned to start up blogging again, so the break extended itself. But I'm all recovered now, and so today has been spent on a mini cleaning spree, finally getting Christmas decorations put up, and wrapping Christmas presents. 

This outfit is actually from a few weeks ago, when we were in the middle of a cold spell here in Washington. I had basically been living in sweaters, and decided to try pairing a cozy sweater with my wool skirt for added warmth for church. It fit a little snugly tucked into the skirt, but it worked, and I really liked the look, and just the overall coziness of it all. You will likely be seeing this skirt with different sweater combinations quite a bit in the near future!

Ok, now I'm going to get back to decorating. :) I hope you all are having a fantastic (and not too busy!) Eve of Christmas Eve!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful outfit! And you look lovely as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! Isn't it nice to be done with finals? I've been doing my share of sewing and knitting, and hope to read over the break as well. Have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty photos! I love the skirt, and the scarf is great, too!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute! that bag and the scarf are my favorite :)

    xxo!
    Chantilly

    ReplyDelete