Thursday, January 23, 2014

first post of 2014


//dress, boots: thrifted / cardigan: H&M / belt: gift (from old navy) / tights: grocery outlet (believe it or not!) / necklace: gift//

This new year started with a bang. It was fantastic in so many ways, and I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store. Church, a nice relaxed afternoon, followed by dinner, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and other shenanigans with a friend.

And January is just starting to slow down for me to the rate where I'm settling more comfortably into my new, busy schedule. School, nannying, and everything else that came with the start of 2014 was overwhelming and exciting and all of my energy was focused around figuring out how to allot my time...which explains in part my lengthy blogging absence. 

But life is good. 

I hope your 2014 is off to a fantastic start!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your year is going well!
    Cute outfit, just a hint of vintage and feminine, my favorite!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so cute and cozy. :)
    January is such a great month. I love the fresh start and getting a schedule figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors! Brown and blue are a favorite combination of mine.... especially with polka dots involved! 2014 has been pretty frozen for me so far. Spring can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Kristina's and I've got to say I LOVE your style! You're pretty adorable. OMG PLEASE TELL ME Secret Life of Walter Mitty was good?! That movie looks incredible to me just from the previews. I have to see it!
    It's great that your 2014 is starting off great! I'm really happy that a lot of people seem extremely inspired to start off 2014. 2013 just didn't seem to have that energy. So here's to having a wonderful year!
    xoxo
    Lyndsey of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good! I really loved it. :)
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. Looking fantastic as always Vicki! I'm glad to hear that year has started off well for you, and hope it continues to go well!
    -Lauren
    http://musingsofaflowerchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2014! I hope it continues to be wonderful!!!!

    Very pretty outfit, I love your shoes. It looks almost fall like where you are at, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again! Thank you for commenting and saying hi to Sammy! I haven't read yours in forever too, that is because Jack was using the computer for forever. But I got it back sometimes, so now I can write more and say hi to you more. HIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vicki! I really like this outfit, and I especially love your boots!! Where did you get them?

    Also, if you're interested, I tagged you in a little tag over at my blog! Feel free to pop over and take a look! :-)

    Hope you're doing well and that the weather is warming up for you! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Your Pinteresting friend,
    Vicki ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! I actually thrifted the boots awhile back, though the brand is Roxy. They're a bit big, but so comfy!
      Thanks for tagging me! I'll have to check out the tag, and hopefully do it in sometime soon!
      I hope you're doing well too!

      Delete