Wednesday, September 25, 2013

first day of fall


//top: kohl's / dress: target / tights: jcp / oxfords: thrifted//

It's almost impossible to believe that just last week we were having temperatures in the 80s, and now the weather seems simply freezing! It's funny how cold 60° feels after getting used to constant 80° weather, when in the early spring months, 60° feels like summer and t-shirt weather. I won't complain, though--I love layering and the whole feel of fall. Fall is exciting to me, for so many reasons. Still...I think my mind is still a bit muddled about how to dress for the change in weather. For example, as I type this, I'm huddled beneath a pile of blankets (though I'm blaming this on a cold that refuses to go away completely). 

Anyway, on to the outfit! I had picked out Sunday's outfit on Saturday night, and was not planning on layering or wearing tights, since Saturday had ended up quite warm, but Sunday morning was freezing! So I hastily switched around my outfit and ended up with this. I didn't even check what it looked like before rushing out the door, but I think I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I'm slightly in love with the fun print on this dress that I found on the Target clearance rack a couple weeks back, and I think it will be a great layering piece in the fall, even though I think it was meant to be a summer dress. 

I hope you all are doing well and that y'all had a great start to your fall!
Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

11 comments:

  1. I love your colored tights! They bring a smile to your face, don't ya think? Oh! And we're about to have a cold front! EEEE!!!! Bring on the turtleneck sweaters, leather jackets, and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair always looks so lovely. I'm enjoying this "cold" fall weather, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! This looks a lot like what I'm wearing today, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wearing a tied denim shirt over a dress yesterday! I love the color of your tights--very reminiscent of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderfully lovely start of fall ensemble! We must be on the same fashion wave length, because I was sporting cranberry hued tights and blue (a navy 40s dress, to be exact) last week, too. :)


    Wishing you a terrifically beautiful October,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out pretty! And I love the style of your dress, looks like something Clara would wear.
    I've been layering here too. Weather here kind of did what yours did, a sudden drop, and I've been spending a lot of time under blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vicki! I awarded you on my blog! :)

    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/2013/10/blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so lovely!
    rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are gorgeous! I love this outfit, and I so need some tights like that!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete