Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Picnic Skirt








//sweater, wedges, belt, purse: thrifted / cami: forever21 / skirt: made by me / bracelet: gift//


Gingham skirts usually remind me of two things--picnic blankets or Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Despite that, I've fallen completely in love with this print, and I've been collecting yards of it in different colors for my sewing stash. This was one of the first things I made with it, and I'm sort of in love with it. It's amazingly versatile and it also had the fun retro vibe that I love. I've lately been loving it with mustard colors, like this yellow sweater. The texture of  the sweater is a fun juxtaposition with the gingham print, and it's also perfect for a cooler day, like the church potluck that I wore this outfit to. I originally thought of this as more of a summer skirt, but I think it will work as a good transition into early fall...I'm excited to come up with more ways to style it in the next couple of weeks!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day! ❤

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22









11 comments:

  1. Oh, such a cute outfit! Love the skirt and that sweater is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingham! It goes really well with your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable outfit! :) I like the yellow and blue together.
    You know, I read the "about" section on your blog and it sounds a lot like a description of myself! It's so funny.
    It would be great if you let me know what you think of my blog. I'm new to the blogging world and appreciate having visitors let me know what they think! http://styleforreallife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirt! You did a great job on it. I'm excited to see you you style it for early fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.. Lovely Vicki.. your nail color look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don;t normally like mustard coloured clothing, but I like how you pull them off. You pair them really well and they look classy and old fashioned. I really like the skirt with the sandles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ain't nothing quite as nice as a bit of gingham I always think. That skirt looks great with the knitted jumper. So autumnal! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually think of gingham for a shirt. I never would have thought to make it a skirt! It's so cute! I agree that it's a good transitional into fall piece. As always, you look lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And yes, what nail color are you wearing? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And yes, what nail color are you wearing? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete