Saturday, September 14, 2013

adventuring on the island


A couple weeks ago, my aunt and I went adventuring over on Whidbey Island. We hiked around Rosario Beach for about two to three miles on an easy, though interesting trail that started at the beach, climbed up into a high, rocky area, and wound down to another beach. It was a good hike, and though I had initially been dreading it, it reminded me how much I love hiking. Out walking on a quiet trail is one of the best places to think and ponder, which I find both invigorating and relaxing. There, my thoughts wandered with little interruption.

Afterwards, we drove home along the island, and stopped off at a few viewpoints and wandered old Fort Casey for a bit before catching the late ferry back to Seattle. We met John Lennon's double at one of the viewpoints (same hair, same glasses even!), and encountered some deer at the fort, which was really exciting. I've seen deer many, many times before in the past, but I don't think I've ever seen deer so close. My aunt kept talking to them as she was snapping photos, and they weren't even bothered.

 I had a good time, and one of these days I'd really like to go back to the fort--as it was getting late (and COLD!), we didn't spend much time there, but it seemed like a really fun area to explore.

Have you had any fun adventures lately?


Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

6 comments:

  1. I love adventures! And these are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! I love the photography too. :) I recently went on an Ashland, Oregon adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Seeing dear is always neat. I bet it was really nice, especially with this warm weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, these photographs are so wonderful! i love the ones of the deer!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! It looks like you had an awesome time!

    Sabrina
    www.onecityowl.com

    ReplyDelete