Wednesday, October 2, 2013

fit for a princess


//dress: vintage / heels: target / fascinator: ross//

This outfit is actually from way back in the beginning of September, when I attended my aunt's wedding, and when it was also significantly warmer. My sister and I were in charge of the guestbook for the wedding, which was something neither of us had really done before, but it was fun, and it was a wonderful opportunity to people-watch. I had been itching for the perfect occasion to wear this gorgeous vintage dress I picked up at the thrift store about a month or so before. It had needed a lot of work and was overpriced (according to my thrift store standards), so after dreaming about it for over a week, I finally asked if I could get some sort of a discount because of all the work it needed, and I ended up taking it home for a mere $8. When I got the dress home, I realized two things--one, the dress was made for a very tall, incredibly thin girl, and two, it was going to be quite a bit more work than I had anticipated to actually make it wearable. I was able to pair it with my highest heels to make it so the hem barely grazed the floor, but to make it fit at the top, I had to take it out several inches. But finally, I made it work! For the wedding, I added a fascinator to dress it up a bit, and kept it simple by not adding jewelry. 

I hope you all are having a lovely week, and a wonderful start to your October!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

8 comments:

  1. $8, oh, I am envious. This is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Such a pretty dress and you look so beautiful in it. And the sparkle heels? So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress!! And the heels and fascinator are wonderful with it. Just lovely!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that you found the fascinator at Ross! Fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I love that peach color and the polka dots:) You look fantastic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peachy color....the polka dots.....It's soooooooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I <3 this whole look on you Vicki! Gorgeous is the word. ;) I <3 the polka dots and sweet heart neckline with the flowy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked amazing for your aunt's wedding! That dress is to die for. I wish I had the motivation to actually alter dresses I find more! I also really love your fascinator. So gorgeous!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete