Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Field of Roses


Dress: H&M // Tights: JC Penneys // Boots: Thrifted // Ring: Fred Meyer

After coming down with a bad cold last Thursday and a slightly more hectic weekend than usual, I'm incredibly grateful to have been able to relax Monday and today, only having to worry about my reading for school. Colds are obnoxious things, aren't they? They always seem to strike, for me at least, at the worst possible times. Last weekend I had a midterm exam for statistics and a speech to give, and then the cold came along, before I had gotten even half of my preparation done! Thankfully, however, I was able to power through, and now I'm almost completely recovered. I'm thrilled by the fact that I didn't sniffle or sneeze once during my speech (which ended up being about 8 minutes long!), although I did have to stop in the middle of the introduction to run and blow my nose! And my midterm went better than I had expected, especially after the fog my brain had been in for the last few days. I have. to admit, though, I was a little panicky for a bit--I forgot that "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me"!

Anyway! This dress is one of my new favorites. I picked it up on clearance at H&M, and it's actually what I almost ended up wearing for Easter. I really like the print and colors, as well as the classic, flattering shape. It also has a super cute cut-out in the back (which I forgot to get a picture of!), which I sewed a lace panel to so I wouldn't be baring too much skin (and it also disguised the tank top I had on underneath). Because of the bold print, I styled it fairly simply, with just a pair of colored tights and boots. I can't wait to come up with new ways to style it in the future!

Also...It's time to announce the winner of the Shabby Apple gift certificate.
And the winner is....
Tory S!
Congrats, Tori! I'll be sending you an e-mail soon!

Photo 1 - 2012-12-22

7 comments:

  1. Love the dress! It looks really comfy and the print is beautiful.

    Yes, colds are the worst. Just getting over a very nasty one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress! And the way you styled it is awesome!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Your style is so unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! The floral print is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my word-I am totally envious of your boots...seems like I said that before, but I am on the lookout for some similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like those shapes of dresses but I can never pull them off. I guess I have the wrong figure for it. But they are really pretty.
    (And again, I have to just say, I love your boots!)
    I'm sorry to hear you caught a cold, but glad you are almost over it. And you're right, they do hit at the worse possible times. Never during the days when we would be able to rest and recover. Always when we have a lot going on. 8-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you were sick! It's never fun to have a cold! I still haven't quite gotten my voice back since my last illness (almost a month ago!) but I think it's due to allergies now.
    Super cute outfit, Vicki! Love those boots, they're epic!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete