Thursday, August 9, 2012

How to Make a Bow Belt

Hi everyone! Remember that now belt that I wore in an outfit post last week (the one I promised to have the tutorial up for a week ago...)? Here is how to make it! It was originally inspired by an Anthropologie belt, and I found it fairly quick and easy to make up my own versions.

You'll need:
1. Strip of leather (or faux leather) long enough to wrap 3/4 of the way around your waist (I used an old belt and cut it to size)
2. Silk scarf
3. Needle and Thread
4. Hot glue gun
5. Two large split key rings


How To
1. Cut your scarf in half length-wise. Hem raw edges.

2. Cut leather to size if necessary.



3. Slide a key ring over one end of the leather, wrap around and glue in place.
Repeat on the other side.



4. Slip one of your cut scarf pieces through a loop. Then sew it in place.



Do this on the other side as well.

Annnnnnd, you're done! If you have any questions, be sure and let me know!




4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Thank you so much for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Vicki..very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! And it looks absolutely adorable on you!! :)

    I hope you have an amazing weekend, friend.

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to have to try this sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete