Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Sweet Smells of Homemade Candles









I wanted to make my mother something extra special for Mother's day this year, since she does so much for me and puts up with so much. I finally settled on something she always loves--candles. I had a kit for making little pie-shaped candles, and that was the goal for this! My thought going into this was, "How hard could it be? Just melt and mold!" And it made a mess! Oh my...I wasn't sure what to do!
It was then that I thought of one of the jam jars that we had saved. It was an interesting shape and just the right size! So I remelted the wax and poured it in, along with an apple cider scent. Then I topped it with dried lavender, and added a wick, and then I had a sweet smelling candle. Later, I decided to decoupage the glass and cover to give it a vintage-y look.
It was such fun to make, despite my initial disappointment, that I want to make some more for myself.

Have any of you ever experimented with candle-making before?



4 comments:

  1. My best friend made candles for a little while. They are a lot of work, but so worth it. I know if you don't do it just right, you can mess it up, is what she told me. But this candle looks, and I'm sure smells lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised by very expensive price of prom dresses and wedding dresses in various shops? You want to buy these dresses with high quality and cheap price? http://www.britishdress.co.uk provides you a good choice.
    mother of the bride bristol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the most beautiful dresses glamchase mother of the bride shops swansea reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses for great day.
    http://www.glamchase.co.uk

    ReplyDelete