Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Don't Count Your Chickens {What I Wore Sunday}









Outfit Details:
Wedges: Sketchers
Skirt: Made by me
Tank top: Fred Meyer
Blazer: Vintage Bobbie Brooks (I picked this one up at a thrift store with the original tags still on! I think it's from the 50s or 60s)


I made this skirt up over the weekend, and I'm pretty happy with the result! I had the fabric for it for awhile (from an old sheet I picked up at Goodwill), but I hadn't taken the time to make it until the middle of my spring break. I was originally so proud of myself for being able to figure out the measurements of making a circle skirt in quarters, but pride goes before a fall. I found out when it was nearly finished that I had made it too small in the waist! After much prayer and deliberation, I finally sewed a triangular panel at the back along the zipper, and it fit perfectly. Better than any skirt I've made so far. I was very thankful that I wouldn't have to pass the skirt down to my sister!

So, the moral of this story is, don't count your chickens before they hatch! (and rely on God for your every need.)

Have a lovely day!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful skirt!<3
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos.. and cute skirt! I'm glad you were able to fix it. The first skirt I ever made had some issues with being too small and I did have to pass it down to my younger sisters. I never thought of adding in some material to make it bigger- good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt looks wonderful. I love the whole outfit--orange and blue are such a good combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! You are so pretty inside and out! I love your skirt and blazer! You look so vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the skirt, Vicki! I'm all about plaid too :)

    That's too bad you didn't play and April Fool's jokes... but sometimes it can be even more fun when they get played on you! :) I had a couple of those too, ha.

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit!! :D I LOVE it
    Keep Shining, Lizzy <3
    www,prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these!! I think the first picture is my favorite. :) Have a great weekend!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete