Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lace Sandal Upcycle

It's definitely spring here, and almost flip-flop weather! I recently picked up a pair of Speedo flip-flops from Ross. The top is memory-foam, which makes them oh so comfy for walking in. When my family was at Disneyland last year, the sandals I had brought had ruined my feet after the first day (and since we were there for 3 days, this was pretty bad!), and so after dealing with it for two days, I finally asked my sister if I could borrow her Nike flip-flops with the memory foam. They were a size too small, but I'm sure they saved my feet that day! I'd been hunting for a pair of my own ever since, and so I was happy to find these! Only I wished they were a bit "prettier," so I came up with this:

Photo 4 - 2012-05-05
They made up in about five minutes, and I'm really happy with the result! Now...on to the tutorial!


Photo 7 - 2012-05-05
You'll need:
A pair of flip-flops (or strappy sandals)
Lace or ribbon trim
Hot Glue
Scissors




How To

Photo 6 - 2012-05-05

1. First, hold your trim against the straps to measure how much you need, then cut. Do one side at a time in a "V" shape.


Photo 2 - 2012-05-05

2. Using your glue gun, glue the trim to each side, starting at the center. Make sure to align the edges at the center so they match up!


Photo 5 - 2012-05-05

3. Trim off any extra lace, and you're finished! Now you're ready to slip on your new sandals and wear them all the time!


Let me know if you decide to try this! I'd love to see what you come up with!


6 comments:

  1. Excellent idea, Vicki! These turned out so sweet and girly! Love it=)
    Definitely going to give this a try at some point...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, I like how smartly you make up your sandals & now these are so girly!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this! I think I'll probably try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lace! You're so crafty.

    Thanks for your comments on my Insta snippets post, Vicki! Haha the matching M&M shirts my sister and I were wearing are from clearence at Walmart. The green dress is from Belk... I got it last year for $10!
    Thank you also for your congratulatory remarks about my graduation this May! I'm excited :)

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Love the vintage-y feel on a regular un-vintage-like flip flop! LOVE!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete