Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Week







It's only a few more days till Easter (I'm really shocked at how quickly Lent has gone by!), and today we have Maundy Thursday, which commemorates Jesus' celebration of the Passover with his disciples before his capture and following crucifixion.

I drew this picture in September as a gift for my aunt after my uncle died. On it I wrote various passages about death, sin, and most importantly, salvation, since we knew for certain that my uncle is in heaven. I drew a Celtic style cross, and surrounded it with Easter lilies, angelic wings, and the passages (which read across, by the way!). I thought it would be perfect to share during the celebration of Holy Week and the anticipation of Easter.

Easter is an amazing time, and this year especially I've been working to shut out the images of candy, chicks, and Easter bunnies, and focus on the real reason we celebrate. He died that we might live. What's more beautiful and amazing than that?

One of my favorite passages at this time is from the book of Job:

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."
-Job 19.25-26 KJV


Do you have a favorite passage at this time?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicki!
    My friend and I made a blog, and I would so love it if you can spread the word. We barely started, so it's not very much, but Esther and I (Celestine, or Cel) are planning to start making more posts~
    Please, check it out!

    - www.thefashionholicsisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete