Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Statement Necklaces

Yesterday, I was browsing my favorite sites for jewelry ideas, and I came across this lovely necklace on Modcloth:



I actually really liked the colors on this one, and the style was very fancy and pretty. Chunky, yet elegant. It didn't look too hard to make, and so I pulled out my beads. It took a few combinations to find the right one, but I finally did.
I strung beads while watching an hour's worth of chemistry and American government lectures. I'm pretty good at multi-tasking, and I do like to keep my hands busy.

Here's how it turned out, after about two hours of work:



It's definitely fancy, but I really like how it looks.



Then I have another one that I made awhile back and kept meaning to photograph but never did. It's made from cut-up pieces of foam all glued together to make an interesting statement necklace. It was fun to design, although slightly time-consuming to make.




1 comment:

  1. I cant believe its foam...wow...you have done it nicely....

    ReplyDelete