Monday, September 13, 2010

Shirt Reconstruction...kinda cute, dontcha think? =)

I'm sick again...but I still managed to get some sewing done (kinda have to, in honor of national sewing month, hehe). At least it's only a silly cold...

Anyway! A few weeks ago, a girl I know left a ton of her closet rejects at the church for people to pick through, and I hadn't gotten to them until last night, where I basically went crazy pulling out stuff. The only problem was, she wears a large, and I wear a small. But they were all so cute! =) So I pulled out a few shirts I liked and took them anyway, resolving to somehow make them fit.

One of the shirts that I really liked had a super cute pattern on top of it, while the bottom was made of lightweight material that was falling apart. So I cut off the top part, then took a black shirt that I had found (amazingly in my size), cut the top off that, and sewed the two together.

It looked good, but something was missing. So I took the leftover bottom material, cut out some leaves, and sewed them on.

And I was done!



(apologies on the slightly strange shots...)



A practically free, very cute shirt. I now want to try it with some of my other shirts...it's kinda simple, but I like it.
What do you think? =)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. nice effort girl..i think if you have more green fabric try to stitch some more leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too...looks kinda plain, right?

    ReplyDelete