Monday, August 2, 2010

New Stuff

I've been busy lately...I'm in a frenzy of making as many things as I can, since I'm slightly paranoid that once the school year starts (college classes..!) I won't have time to do anything, so best to get it done now. And so, last week I made this:

Recognize the technique? It's the same on that I used for my mirror. It's on a canvas that I actually was planning to paint on, but left unguarded on my floor and stepped on. =/ So I made a patch out of phone book paper, covered the rest of the canvas, then added a silhouette in sharpies, and then painted with blue. I added the doilies as an afterthought.

And then, over the weekend, I started a sewing project that turned into a mess, and so decided to make something a little simpler. While browsing etsy, I found this awesome shop with butterfly jewelry that looked like something out of a fairy tale. They're printed on organza, I believe, but I thought it might be fun to make my own versions on tracing paper. So I found some pictures of butterflies and fairy wings, and traced them, coloring in with, what else, sharpies. I made a pair of earrings and a headband:





~Vicki

Edit - Yay! I figured out how to flip things~!

2 comments:

  1. Hi vicki,can you contact me via e-mail??i want to share some tips with u to organize your blog posts well.If no its OK!!!
    tk cr

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so helpful! Thanks for the offer!! =)

    ReplyDelete